So today is the first day that you can make your camping reservation for the 2011 camping season! Hooray! That means summer really is coming! I'm waiting in line on the website right now as we speak. You go to http://prs.gov.mb.ca/ and then there is a little blinking blue dot to show your place in line to access the site. You can call as well but all circuits were busy when I tried.
So what's new for this year you ask?
- Admission to all Provincial Parks is Free again!
- There will be a new fully accessible campground at Winnipeg Beach with 120 full service sites. Reservations will be available late spring or early summer.
- West Hawk campground has 18 sites that have been upgraded to full service to be ready in June.
- 3 more Yurts available at Kiche Manitou
- You can only make 3 reservations on opening day.
-some sites are available for a 7 night stay (Sunday to Sunday). These are being held for a period of 2 weeks after that the sites will be available to all. Campgrounds with 1 week bookings are:
Birds Hill, Camp Morton, Grand Beach, Stephenfield, Big Whiteshell, Falcon Beach, Falcon Lakeshore, Hecla/Gull Harbour, Kiche Manitou, Nutimik, Otter Falls, St. Malo, West Hawk, Bakers Narrows, Campers Cove, Paint Lake, Childs Lake and Asessippi.
So will you be making a reservation for summer? Where are your favourite places to go camping? What is the best family place in terms of lots of activities close by? What is your favourite quiet and peaceful camping place? What is the best party spot? (So that I can avoid it! )